DJ Skills Course
This 6 session course delivered by experienced musician Adam Cogdon/DJ ADS is designed to increase or widen your skill base as a musician and DJ. Over the course you will learn a well-rounded set of skills over a consistent set of stages and elements will be tailored to suit your individual needs as you progress throughout your learning.
- Meet your tutor and discuss your needs, interests and current skill level
- Overview and introduction to all of the equipment
- Demonstration of mixing techniques
- Practicing simple beat matching mixing
- The importance of understanding track structure, beats/bars and phrasing
- Manual beat matching
- Digital DJing: transfer your skills to laptop/controller decks
- Choosing the right tracks for your sets (in key mixing)
- Essential use of EQing and fader technique
- Practice & mixing time
- Beyond Beatmatching: advanced transition techniques – creative tricks and methods of getting from track to another
- Basic Scratching & Exploring advanced features on the equipment
- Introduction to using effects, hot cues and loops
- Essential DJ software tools, basic production
- Your DJ career: equipment, different gigs and venues, how to be professional
- Hands-on practice time
- Choose tracks to perform and record a live mix, using all the skills learned, with constructive critique from your tutor
- Additional time to sharpen all the skills learnt so far
- Presentation of completion certificate
- A free 2 hour practice session available to book anytime after your course
Each session is 3 hours and times can be flexible to suit you.
We currently have availability on Mondays 3pm – 6pm, Thursdays 6pm – 9pm and Wednesdays 10am – 4pm.