- What's On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- End of Term Performances
- View the Brochure
- Adult Courses
- Folkworks Tuesday Classes
- Silver Programme (classes for people over 50)
- Early Years & Family Classes
- Perform on the Concourse
- Music for Young People
- Schools and Early Years Settings
- Study Music at Sage Gateshead
- Accessible Learning
- Training Opportunities
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
Performer, writer and Radio 3’s early music specialist Lucie Skeaping introduces a performance of that quintessential musical depiction of the changing year, Vivaldi’s Four Seasons from the Avison Ensemble. Named after Charles Avison, the Newcastle-born composer, conductor and organist (1709-1770), the group have performed and provided musical training in the North East for 30 years.
The evening will include readings of sonnets written by Vivaldi.
“Here, surely, is a band whose strength of vision and outstanding artistry would have pleased…its namesake.” Robert Levett International Record Review.
For your information…
- A restricted number of tickets will be available on the day on a first come first served basis.
- Please take your seats 10 minutes prior to the event start time otherwise you may lose your place.