- What's On
- Next 7 Days
- Show Me Everything
- Current Events Diary
- Gateshead International Jazz Festival
- SummerTyne Americana Festival
- Great Exhibition of the North
- Classical Season
- New Year New Artists
- For Families
- Festivals & Series
- Royal Northern Sinfonia
- Folkworks Summer Schools
- BBC Radio 3 Free Thinking Festival
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
Direct from Las Vegas, the iconic music of Frank Sinatra is brought to life once again HIS WAY.
Featuring the swing, the swagger and the velvet vocals of Frank Sinatra in concert, enjoy an unmissable evening with Stephen Triffitt.
Acclaimed worldwide as the master of his craft, he:
- Starred as Frank for three seasons at Las Vegas’ legendary Sands Casino.
- Created the role of Ol’ Blue Eyes in the original West End production of The Rat Pack Live from Las Vegas that toured the USA, Canada and Europe.
- Sold out the London Palladium (twice) and Royal Festival Hall with his own solo spectacular.
- Stephen’s resemblance is ”unsettlingly perfect” (The London Evening Standard). From sculpted hair and twinkling blue eyes, all the way down to his shiny black patent leather shoes, Stephen Triffitt truly is Sinatra.
And he not only walks the walk, he talks the talk, a masterful performance sees those delicious vocals delivered with consummate ease – “excels at Sinatra’s superb sense of natural, almost conversational phrasing” (Orange County Register).
Fly Me to the Moon; Mack the Knife; New York, New York; My Way; That’s Life; Under My Skin; Lady is a Tramp; My Kind of Town; All the Way and Luck Be a Lady delight spellbound audiences, all performed impeccably and with all of Frank’s legendary charm.
“Nails the phrasing, timing and tone with utter confidence.” Variety
“He really does sound exactly like Frank Sinatra.” The Guardian
“Unsettlingly perfect.” London Evening Standard
“He just keeps getting better as the evening goes on.” The Hollywood Reporter
“Swings the Francis Albert songbook to perfection.” The Stage
7.30pm – 8.30pm
8.50pm – 9.50pm
Some of the biggest names in music visit the banks of the Tyne this May and June while we also have innovative talks and performances as part of Thinking Digital Arts 2017 & Hexham Gathering returns.
Get ready to put your dancing shoes on as we welcome a stellar line-up for a great night out!