- What's On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
Sean Rafferty launches this year’s Free Thinking Festival with a selection of live music making and chat.
Among his guests are the Festival Lecturer Linda Yueh, New Generation Thinker Daisy Fancourt who researches the links between arts and your health, and the choir Voices of Hope, who perform a brand new piece by composer Lucy Pankhurst with a text by Helen Pankhurst, based on words by her great-grandmother, suffragette Emmeline Pankhurst, and marking a hundred years since the first women in this country won the right to vote.
Lucy’s new commission offers an opportunity for everyone to take part. Do come along and join in.
For your information…
- Phase one tickets will be available from 12noon on Monday 5 February, with phase two tickets available from 12noon on Monday 19 February.
- Tickets are strictly limited to four per person.
- To guarantee your ticket book in advance. There will be some tickets available on the day on a first come, first served basis.
- Please take your seats 10 minutes prior to the event start time otherwise you may lose your place.
Welcome to the Free Thinking Festival from BBC Radio 3. All weekend here at Sage Gateshead we’re gathering together a throng of talented individuals to wrestle, debate and celebrate the theme of this year’s festival: The One and the Many. Whether it’s the impact of social media,...