- What's On
- Next 7 Days
- Show Me Everything
- Current Events Diary
- Gateshead International Jazz Festival
- SummerTyne Americana Festival
- Great Exhibition of the North
- Classical Season
- New Year New Artists
- For Families
- Festivals & Series
- Royal Northern Sinfonia
- Folkworks Summer Schools
- BBC Radio 3 Free Thinking Festival
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
Kirsty Wark sets the cultural agenda for the week with a special edition of BBC Radio 4’s Start the Week. The economist Linda Yueh, prize-winning author Lionel Shriver, sociologist Bev Skeggs and the poet Sean O’Brien discuss the importance of understanding the ideas that underpin the world of finance, how the ghosts of the past haunt the present, and what the accumulation of possessions may be doing to your soul.
Kirsty Wark has been a presenter of BBC Two’s news and current affairs programme Newsnight since 1993. She is a novelist and BAFTA award-winning journalist with a keen interest in the arts.
For your information…
- Phase one tickets will be available from 12noon on Monday 5 February, with phase two tickets available from 12noon on Monday 19 February.
- Tickets are strictly limited to four per person.
- To guarantee your ticket book in advance. There will be some tickets available on the day on a first come, first served basis.
- Please take your seats 10 minutes prior to the event start time otherwise you may lose your place.
Welcome to the Free Thinking Festival from BBC Radio 3. All weekend here at Sage Gateshead we’re gathering together a throng of talented individuals to wrestle, debate and celebrate the theme of this year’s festival: The One and the Many. Whether it’s the impact of social media,...