- What's On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- End of Term Performances
- View the Brochure
- Adult Courses
- Folkworks Tuesday Classes
- Silver Programme (classes for people over 50)
- Early Years & Family Classes
- Perform on the Concourse
- Music for Young People
- Schools and Early Years Settings
- Study Music at Sage Gateshead
- Accessible Learning
- Training Opportunities
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
Playing with a loop pedal can be a wonderfully creative and fun process. This workshop will provide a comprehensive introduction to the loop pedal and it’s possibilities as a performance, composition and group-work tool.
Popular with artists like Ed Sheeran, a Loop Pedal is an affordable, fun an versatile tool which effectively allows you to play music with yourself gradually building up layer upon layer of sound.
Led by London-based cellist, composer and looper Jo Quail, you will learn about the equipment and technology, how to use it, musical starting points and their practical applications.
Jo draws upon myriad influences, creating music that connects with and unites a very diverse audience. Jo studied music from a very young age and completed her BA in performance at the University of Leeds, since when she has featured as a guest musician on several global releases.
This training will provide:
- An understanding the various uses of a loop pedal
- Guidance around how to adapt the instrument to various learning practices
- Practical applications for the use of a loop pedal
- This course is aimed at workshop leaders, musicians, artists, local authority early years advisors and representatives of arts organisations working in a range of settings.
Ticket price includes: entry to an exclusive ‘house style’ performance with Jo, resource pack, refreshments and certificate of attendance