- What's On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- End of Term Performances
- View the Brochure
- Adult Courses
- Folkworks Tuesday Classes
- Silver Programme (classes for people over 50)
- Early Years & Family Classes
- Perform on the Concourse
- Music for Young People
- Schools and Early Years Settings
- Study Music at Sage Gateshead
- Accessible Learning
- Training Opportunities
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
4orte: Championing Performances by Deaf Musicians
Music and the Deaf presents: The 4ORTE Ensemble, a unique group of the finest deaf and hard of hearing musicians in the UK. They will perform an exciting mix of solo, accompanied and ensemble music, joined by guest performers who also have a level of hearing loss.
The 4ORTE musicians will also each give a brief talk about their lives and their experiences as professional deaf musicians, and hope to inspire both deaf and hearing people alike that music should be for all, regardless of a person’s level of hearing.
Danny Lane Piano
Ruth Montgomery Flute
Sean Chandler Cornet
Eloise Garland Piano, Soprano
TELEMANN Fantasia no.12 in G minor
MOSS The Nightingale for trumpet and piano
CHOPIN Etude, Op.10, no.3
BIZET Entr’act for flute and piano
HUMMEL Trumpet Concerto, 1st movt
CLARKE Sunstreams for flute and piano
RACHMANINOV Prelude in G minor Op.23 no.5
This performance will be BSL interpreted.
The 4ORTE musicians will also run a free workshop for D/deaf and hard of hearing children from age 8 upwards, their siblings, friends and parents, that afternoon from 2pm-4pm.
- An opportunity to make music with the 4ORTE musicians! – Explore the musical instruments which the 4ORTE musicians use, including the flute, piano and trumpet – Take part in fun music activities, compose your own music and perform with the 4ORTE musicians. No musical experience necessary – As part of our commitment to develop access, the 4ORTE musicians will give an interactive master class linked to the music being performed at evening concert – BSL interpreters will be provided
If you would like your child or young person to be involved in the workshop, then please contact Music and the Deaf at email@example.com or call on 01422 734026.
Music and the Deaf is a unique charity entirely dedicated to providing access and opportunities in music for D/deaf and hard of hearing children, young people and adults. Find out more at matd.org.uk