- What's On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
A billion-pound industry is emerging to convert our feelings into data. Biosensors, motion trackers and facial-recognition software capture and quantify our emotions, which are then crunched by ‘Sentiment Analysts.’ But while our feelings become big business, they are also getting us into personal trouble.
Voicing an opinion online brings backlash from the social-media mob, as if our mis-worded asides and careless thoughts carry the weight of a tyrant’s edict. New Generation Thinker Laurence Scott asks will our feelings start to change in this world of magnified emotion?
For your information…
- Phase one tickets will be available from 12noon on Monday 5 February, with phase two tickets available from 12noon on Monday 19 February.
- Tickets are strictly limited to four per person.
- To guarantee your ticket book in advance. There will be some tickets available on the day on a first come, first served basis.
- Please take your seats 10 minutes prior to the event start time otherwise you may lose your place.
Welcome to the Free Thinking Festival from BBC Radio 3. All weekend here at Sage Gateshead we’re gathering together a throng of talented individuals to wrestle, debate and celebrate the theme of this year’s festival: The One and the Many. Whether it’s the impact of social media,...