- What's On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
Tickets will be available to purchase on the night from performance square on the east side of the building.
Orbital, are announcing a huge return to the music scene with a gig on the concourse at Sage Gateshead on 11 August.
After a barnstorming live reunion, which saw Orbital play to ecstatic audiences across Europe throughout 2017, Britain’s giants of electronic music announce they’re back for good, with new music and an upgrade of the legendary live show that transformed festivals across the world.
A limited number of VIP tickets are available. VIP ticket includes exclusive access to two VIP bars and toilets plus access a private chill out room featuring a mobile bar and music.
Plus support from Plaid & The Bee (Warp), Man Power and Antony Daly (586 Records)
In just four years Man Power, aka Newcastle’s own Geoff Kirkwood, has gone from electronic music’s shadowy upstart to one of the most hotly tipped producer/djs in the world. As a DJ his performances are welcomed by Fabric, Panorama Bar, Houghton Festival, Boiler Room, Radio 1 and just about every other institution in the world of house and techno while his productions and remixes, notably for the likes of Optimo Trax, DFA and Correspondant, are continually applauded by peers and critics alike. Whether in the studio or in a club, Man Power’s ability to join the dots between electronic, house, disco and techno is a rare talent.
Plaid sit right at the very heart of global electronica. In fact there’s a very real sense in which Ed Handley and Andy Turner are the perfect encapsulation of what the electronic music of their generation was all about. As Plaid and as two-thirds of The Black Dog alongside their WARP stablemates Autechre and Aphex Twin, they brought new rhythmic variation, emotive melody and sensual textures to electronic music, creating a warm and welcoming counterpart to the white heat of the rave explosion.
Antony Daly (586 Records) Resident at “Reverb” and later, “Suono” Helping to introduce and warm up for some of Electronic Music’s finest DJ’s and Producers. A rare chance to see him behind the decks.
7.30pm – 9pm: Antony Daly (586 Records)
9pm – 10pm: Plaid & The Bee (Warp Records)
10pm – 10.30pm: Man Power (Me Me Me)
10.30pm – Midnight: Orbital
Midnight – 01:15am: Man Power (Me Me Me)
1am: Last Orders
*Please be aware that timings are subject to change.
- Entrance for all guests is via performance square on the east (BALTIC) side of the building. There will be no entry via the west side doors.
- Guests needing to collect or buy tickets can do so on performance square.
- All bags will be searched on entry and random searches will also be carried out.
- Guests bringing bags larger than an A4 piece of paper will need to check them in to the coats desk on the west side of the building (free of charge).
- The outdoor smoking area will be situated on the west side of the building.
- For those with access requirements a designated viewing area will be situated on the concourse. Please speak to a member of staff on entry for assistance.
VIP Ticket Holders
VIP ticket holders can enter via a designated entry on the east (BALTIC) side of the building. Exclusive access to a VIP bar and toilets (located outside Sage One on Level 2) and a VIP Lounge (located in Northern Rock Foundation Hall) is available.
VIP Lounge Set Times
9pm: Doors Open
9pm – 10.30pm: Antony Daly
10.30pm – 1am: Tony Morales
*Please note timings are subject to change.