- What's On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- End of Term Performances
- View the Brochure
- Adult Courses
- Folkworks Tuesday Classes
- Silver Programme (classes for people over 50)
- Early Years & Family Classes
- Perform on the Concourse
- Music for Young People
- Schools and Early Years Settings
- Study Music at Sage Gateshead
- Accessible Learning
- Training Opportunities
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
Well known as the drummer in Bon Iver, Carey’s music recalls a weathered mountain range changing shadow form and color, or the ebb and flow of a river’s current. His sound is simultaneously restful and rhythmic, complex and simple, and always evolving.
S. Carey’s chosen musical expression is a hugely beatific, restorative panorama of beauty – and presents a dazzling array of musical light and shade, drawn from his love of jazz, modern classical and Americana.
Support from Indie folk-pop band Rue Royale.