- What's On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- End of Term Performances
- View the Brochure
- Adult Courses
- Folkworks Tuesday Classes
- Silver Programme (classes for people over 50)
- Early Years & Family Classes
- Perform on the Concourse
- Music for Young People
- Schools and Early Years Settings
- Study Music at Sage Gateshead
- Accessible Learning
- Training Opportunities
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
Sage Gateshead’s Quay Voices and the Opera North Youth Chorus join forces for the first time in an exciting performance of Bob Chilcott’s Circlesong.
Based on Native American writings, Circlesong follows the life cycle focusing on difference stages of life, from birth and childhood through manhood and middle age to death. Tribal rhythmic sections are contrasted with tender, simple melodies and glorious climactic moments for full choir.
To perform this powerful work, the choirs are joined by a small percussion ensemble from the Royal Northern College of Music.