- What's On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
A basic music making course for participants of PRS Inclusion Services; a training service provider in South Tyneside and a partner of the Accessible Learning Strand.
The course offers an entry level creative music making experience to participants with learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities. Original music is created during song writing workshops then performed by participants as part of the annual Music Spark Show.
Participants can progress onto Accredited Music Making course .
Aims and Objectives
Participants are supported to:
- develop and improve their social and emotional well being through music and music based activities
- improve confidence, self esteem, team working, communication and listening skills through taking part in music making activities
- explore and value the contribution that they and others can bring to group activities
- develop skills in areas of music making such as singing, song writing, playing instruments etc. as appropriate to their levels of interest, ability, need and potential
- lead activities, or part thereof, where appropriate and to support each other in their shared new experiences
- be part of a positive, enjoyable and appropriately challenging experience based upon their individual skills and abilities and needs
- develop a sense of storytelling, lyrical writing and vocabulary, awareness of various genres of music and various ways into song writing
- be part of a dynamic and bespoke music making activity where their voice is key to the decision making process
- explore progression onto other music focussed courses or experiences should they wish to do so.
Up to 10 adults with learning disabilities who attend PRS Inclusion Services.
Dates and Times
Fridays 10.30am – 12.00pm in the MEC at Sage Gateshead (term time only).
The project is funded on a fee basis by PRS Inclusion Services as part of an annual contract with the Accessible Learning Strand.
- Juliette Tate – Project Musician
- Dean Moulding – Project Musician