Chef de Partie
Application closing date: 9am on Friday 27th October 2017
Introduction to Sage Gateshead
Founded in 2004, Sage Gateshead has an international reputation as a new centre for music combining performance, education and participation working across a wide range of musical genres and reaching a broad audience. Founded with a mixed business model, the charity’s turnover of £15million combines, box office, commercial, fundraised income with public subsidy.
Sage Gateshead runs:
- One of the largest Music Learning & Participation Programmes in the UK
- A Performance Programme of events and festivals across musical genres (folk, classical, rock, indie, jazz, electronic) for 360 days of the year
- One of the biggest conference and events businesses in the region
- Royal Northern Sinfonia, the UK’s only full time contract chamber orchestra
- A folk development agency, Folkworks
- An iconic visitor attraction, designed by Foster + Partners on the banks of the Tyne with a large public space, three auditoriums and 25 learning spaces
- Grade II Listed Gateshead Old Town Hall and a series of railway arch spaces
In 2014/15 Sage Gateshead delivered:
- 623 performance events
- 13,045 courses, classes and workshops
- 64 conferences
- 22 premieres and commissions
- 105 broadcasts
In 2014 Sage Gateshead completed its first decade. During this period the charity had:
- 6 million visitors
- 1.5 million participants
- 1000 conferences
- 4000 concerts
- £283 million of economic benefit to the region
Overall purpose of the job
Smooth running of section of the kitchen, managing kitchen team
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Department & Team: Catering
Location: Sage Gateshead
Working Hours: 40 hours per week – five out of seven days. Extra hours/days may be required on request.
Salary: £18,500 pro rata per annum
Position in Organisation
Reports to: Sous/Head Chef
Responsible for: Managing kitchen team and KP
Works in conjunction with: Chef de Partie
Budget accountability: N/A
- Working as part of a team
- Making hot and cold dishes
- Supporting our commis chefs
- Ensuring your section is kept tidy and organised
- Keeping on top of orders for yours section
Knowledge, experience and skills required to do job
- A passion for food
- Capable of developing innovative ideas to improve the effectiveness of your section
- Able to work independently asking for guidance when needed
- A desire to push forward and challenge Junior Sous
- An understanding of health and safety and food safety regulations
Terms and Conditions
We believe Sage Gateshead is a great place to work – an innovative and friendly environment, where no two days are ever the same.
The holiday entitlement for this post is 33 days pa pro rata (including statutory holidays).
The salary for this post is £18,500 pro rata per annum.
We also offer subsidised parking for staff members, as well as a discount in our café, and access to a voluntary health cash plan, bike to work scheme, childcare vouchers and travel ticket scheme.
How to Apply
Applications must be made on a North Music Trust online application form.
We regret that CV’s cannot be accepted. If you have any queries about your application please contact 0191 443 4624
Completed applications should be returned no later than 9.00am on Friday 27th October 2017.