CRM and Insights Manager
Application closing date 9am on Monday 23 July 2018
Introduction to Sage Gateshead
Founded in 2004, Sage Gateshead has an international reputation as a new centre for music combining performance, education and participation working across a wide range of musical genres and reaching a broad audience. It is also one of the region’s leading conference centres. Founded with a mixed business model, the charity’s turnover of £15million combines, box office, commercial, fundraised income with public subsidy.
Sage Gateshead runs:
- A Performance Programme of events and festivals across musical genres (folk, classical, rock, indie, jazz, electronic) for 360 days of the year (1700 seater and 600 seater venues)
- Royal Northern Sinfonia, the UK’s only full time contract chamber orchestra
- One of the largest Creative Learning Programmes in the UK
- One of the biggest conference and events businesses in the north
- A folk development agency, Folkworks
- An iconic visitor attraction, designed by Foster + Partners on the banks of the Tyne with a large public space, three auditoriums and 25 learning spaces.
In 2014 Sage Gateshead completed its first decade. During this period the charity had:
- 6 million visitors
- 1.5 million participants
- 1000 conferences
- 4000 concerts
- £283 million of economic benefit to the region.
In 2016/17 Sage Gateshead delivered:
- 451 performance events
- 10,609 classes and workshops
- 112 conferences and events
- 39 premieres and commissions
- 11 broadcasts.
Job Title: CRM and Insights Manager
Department & Team: Business Support
Location: Sage Gateshead
Working Hours: 36 hrs per week
Salary: £24,898 (SCP 28) per annum per rata
Position in Organisation
Reports to: Head of Business Support
Responsible for: N/A
Works in conjunction with: Business Support Team, Marketing and Communications, Ticket Office, ICT, Programme Teams
Budget accountability: N/A
Overall purpose of the job
Working closely with colleagues across the organisation but within the fundraising and marketing & communications teams, the CRM and Insights Manager is responsible for:
- Providing data driven insights from our CRM system that enable effective strategic and operational decision-making
- Providing accurate and timely data and insights to support sales, and to ensure that marketing and communications can be precisely targeted to support engagement, retention and high levels of ROI
- To contribute to the creation of a CRM strategy with a particular emphasis on system development, data quality, testing, audience insights/segmentation and evaluation
Responsibilities and Duties
Undertake data analysis and maintain data integrity:
- To manage data analysis using a variety of internal and external datasets, and to provide benchmarks to measure performance
- To manage the development and monitoring of audience segmentation modelling to improve targeting and monitoring performance of key audience segments
- Investigate unusual or unexpected activity or significant data variances
- Ensure data infrastructures and integrity are maintained and meet the reporting needs of the company
- Enforce data collection, measurement and reporting standards
- To maintain system and data integrity and carry out data analysis as required
- Work with the Head of Business Support and ICT to support with system changes and upgrades
To manage a programme of CRM development in conjunction with colleagues from across the organisation:
- Produce data lists for email, digital marketing and direct marketing campaigns
- To feed into the development of direct fundraising and marketing strategies
- To produce weekly, monthly, event and festival insights from a range of digital and traditional sources so that teams can assess campaign performance and monitor audience engagement
- To manage data requests and respond to enquiries made for insight and analysis
- To manage the compilation of fundraising, sales and marketing Key Performance Indicators
- To assist where required with the day to day requests of research agencies and companies undertaking research on our behalf
- To manage the collation of qualitative insights as required
- To manage the collation of qualitative research across the organisation, supporting the exploration of audience perception
Maintain protocols and procedures:
- Support with devising and maintaining company-wide processes and protocols to ensure efficient and consistent operational practice
- Maintain procedures and evaluating as necessary to meet the needs of the organisation
- Enforce procedures and processes
Provide support with the set-up of events in both the Events and Box Office systems, when required:
- Set-up events in both the Events and Box Office systems
- Ensure events are set-up on time and accuracy of event information is maintained to the highest level
- Enforce deadlines and timelines
- Maintain a firm understanding of the changing objectives and operating environments of all departments and teams in order to fully support the balance of activity required to achieve their objectives.
- To accept appropriate individual responsibility for the observance, promotion and implementation of the North Music Trust’s policies on Equal opportunities, Health and Safety and Customer Care.
- Other duties as required and appropriate to the post.
Knowledge, experience and skills required to do job
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent
- Has excellent demonstrable experience of using CRM systems within a marketing environment for both analysis and communications purposes.
- Has excellent demonstrable experience of producing reports, interpreting results and sharing insights within CRM / data driven systems.
- Has excellent demonstrable experience of applying quantitative and qualitative research approaches.
- Has demonstrable experience of audience development or customer relationship management.
- Has excellent experience of working in a sales and marketing, and of producing impactful related results.
- Has excellent demonstrable experience of direct marketing (both online and offline) and is committed to developing knowledge in this area.
- Has a very good grasp on maths and statistics, preferably with professional qualifications in the area.
- Works with a high level of accuracy
- Is highly organised, with a methodical approach and great attention to detail.
- Articulate and able to communicate complex information.
- With an additional professional qualification in mathematics and/or statistics.
- Knowledge of Sage Gateshead’s CRM system, Tessitura, would be an advantage but not essential as training can be provided
- Can demonstrate input into the development of CRM strategy for a sales and customer focused organization.
- Appreciation of arts audiences and experience within the cultural or not-for-profit sector
Terms and Conditions
We believe Sage Gateshead is a great place to work – an innovative and friendly environment, where no two days are ever the same.
The holiday entitlement for this post is 33 days pa pro rata (including statutory holidays).
The salary for this £24,898 (SCP 28) per annum pro rata.
We also offer subsidised parking for staff members, as well as a discount in our café, and access to a voluntary health cash plan, bike to work scheme, childcare vouchers and travel ticket scheme.
How to Apply
Applications must be made on a North Music Trust online application form.
We regret that CV’s cannot be accepted. If you have any queries about your application, please contact 0191 443 4624
Completed applications should be returned no later than 9am on Monday 23 July 2018.