- What's On
- Courses, Classes and Workshops
- End of Term Performances
- View the Brochure
- Adult Courses
- Folkworks Tuesday Classes
- Silver Programme (classes for people over 50)
- Early Years & Family Classes
- Perform on the Concourse
- Music for Young People
- Schools and Early Years Settings
- Study Music at Sage Gateshead
- Accessible Learning
- Training Opportunities
- News & Blogs
- Your Visit
- About Us
- Venue Hire
What We Offer
An inspirational conference needs a setting to match and Sage Gateshead is one of the most iconic landmark buildings in the UK.
When organising a conference or event, you need to be absolutely certain that every detail will reflect your desired image and protect your brand’s reputation.
Regardless of how large or intimate your conference or event, Sage Gateshead is ready to help you make the only impression that counts – a lasting one.
- Riverscape views
The spectacular glass fronted shape dominates the south bank of the River Tyne. Overlooking the world-famous Tyne Bridges, Sage Gateshead provides a light, bright and memorable setting for your event.
- One of the largest conference & exhibition venues in the North East
With a main auditorium capable of holding 1,700 delegates and multiple breakout and flat-floor exhibition spaces, with the potential to expand your exhibition to outdoor space using temporary structures, we can accommodate a range of events.
- World class acoustics and technical expertise
The faultless acoustics of the auditoriums and state-of-the-art conference facilities, including free WiFi, make Sage Gateshead one of the most popular conference and broadcasting venues in the UK.
- Award winning venue accessibility & Environmental Policy
We pride ourselves on our venue accessibility and we aim to meet and exceed statutory Environmental Policy requirements to be an example of best practice to other organisations.
- Event management professionals
Our experienced and qualified event professionals will lead you through; offering advice and guidance to ensure a successful event.
- Friendly, warm welcome
NewcastleGateshead is a destination that both organisers and delegates love (a recent survey revealed that 86% of delegates would like to return for a visit!). It’s not surprising thanks to its striking setting, compact city centre, fantastic transport links and 2,000 years of history.
NewcastleGateshead has outstanding connectivity within the UK and further afield – only 2hrs 45mins from London by train and an international airport offers direct flights to 80 destinations worldwide.
Sage Gateshead is set at the heart of a wide selection of accommodation to suit all tastes and budgets with over 6,000 beds in the area, you are sure to find what you and your delegates need.
There are a range of additional services available from Sage Gateshead which can enhance your event and add wow factor.
- Team building workshops – why not have your delegates learn to play steel pans?
- Room dressing
- Smoothie bars, popcorn machines or offer a locally themed beer and cheese evening for VIPs
- Private tours
- In-house music workshops and performances – you can hire a ukulele band to entertain your delegates at lunch
We love working with new ideas – contact one of our team to discuss ways to create your own bespoke package.